Distorted images when adding via ''insert an image''

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am having an issue with distorted images. I am using the start up theme and have a few pages that I have added manually via the shopify dashboard. When I want to update an image, the new one uploads distorted even though it is the exact same size as the previous one. 

Any ideas as to why this may be happening? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. When I try to insert a horizontal image on an existing page or new page it comes in as a distorted square image. It's been a long time since I edited pages on our site, but I am sure it worked fine in the past.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon if it is a Shopify issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hey I am having the same issue, I am trying to upload horizontal images onto a page and its totally distorted. How do you upload horizontal images ??  because you after loaded you can only pinch and magnify but not adjust. Thanks shopify please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

I've had the same problem and what I just figured out is, when you "insert the image" it is compressed to a square. If you then double click on the image itself a "edit image" window pops up. When I changed the size to the biggest option, my pic looked fine.

Maybe give that a try.

Highlighted
1 0 0

This was so helpful, thank you!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Sadly, that does not fix my images at all. It is super frustrating that they have made everything square. None of my photos are square and I really need to be able to have a mixture of shapes for my photos, especially the one that keeps being distorted as I can't re-shoot that photo to make it square

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Create a square image template in photoshop with a nice background graphic, then paste your horizontal image into that square.  If you want the whole horizontal image, the top and bottom of the square will show the background graphic!  Upload this new square image into your post and your image will no longer be distorted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I can't do that with my images (not enough white space around them and can't re-shoot the photo). However, after chatting with shopify help, it turned out that for my problem (with my blog posts) I was only getting the distortion in the admin part. Once published the distortion is gone and you can see the original photos. That might be what other people are experiencing 

0 Likes