Do we need to buy SSL certificates with domain?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. 

My SSL is pending and i wanted to ask if i need to buy SSL certificate from a third party provider or does shopify provides one on its own
Thankyou

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

My URL is furballs.store

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 13

Hi @Maan2935 Shopify provides SSL certification with all their domains 

Was useful? then please like and accept as solution
Not really sure how to improve your store? Ask us at porrasc940@gmail.com
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you help me regarding my situation. I purchased a SSL certificate for two domains that I also purchased on Godday that renews this month Nov. But a few months ago, I moved my hosting of my site to Shopify and renewed one of my domains with Godaddy. The SSL Certificate I bought through Godaddy expires this month and Godaddy still seems to be the register of both, when the ceritificate I bought from Godaddy expires will not not impact my two domains hosting on shopify? Will Shopify take over regarding the SSL certificate will be issue? Or do I have to manually transfer my domains from Godaddy to Shopify?

I recalled during the sign up of Shopify it was a easy process to do whatever and have my shop now featuring on Shopify, yet the settings and mgmt of the domains are currently still only able to be done on Godaddy platform. 

Want to make sure after this month renewal option I let that SSL certificate go on Godaddy because automatically my two domains will get a SSL under Shopify?

Please confirm. 

Thanks.

0 Likes