Domain Name Provider

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I bought a domain name from Shopify, is Shopify my domain name provider?

Please, who is my domain name provider and how do I sign in to verify the ownership of my domain name with Google?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Clinton20!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! When you purchase a domain from within your Shopify Admin or you transfer a domain over to Shopify, that means that Shopify would be your domain name provider, or domain host. 

If you're looking to verify your domain with Google Webmaster, then you can follow along to our step by step guide, here

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Karlie,

Would you be able to help me with a similar problem? I've connected my domain belleandbirdie.com with my store and am now trying to connect "www." (www.belleandbirdie.com) but I can't access the DNS settings through Google Domains. Google are saying that the domain is run by Shopify and won't help. I'm trying to launch my store this week so really need help with this ASAP.

Thank you

Clarissa

Belle & Birdie

belleandbirdie.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 51 116

Hello, @belleandbirdie!

Karlie here! Where did you purchase your domain from? Did you purchase your custom domain URL from Google? If so, you would want to follow these instructions to connect your third party domain name to your Shopify store. If you've already followed those instructions and you're still having issues with your third party domain, then you'll want to contact your domain provider for assistance. I'm afraid that I don't have the ability to look into domain settings if you're using a third party domain name. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes