Download forms for clients

Ediz
Excursionist
60 0 25

Hi Guys, I am using the Brooklyn-Theme and I want to add the following:

For the return of products, I would like to make a PDF file available on my site for the customer to download as a cancellation policy. The customer should fill it out on the computer or by hand and send it to us by e-mail. Is this feasible?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 66 108

Hi, @Ediz!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'll be happy to help you out with this. Whilst there's no way for customers to download a form from your site directly without customization, there may be a workaround that you could try using a variation of the contact form.

As you may know, you're able to add a contact form on your website. Your customers are able to fill out their details with a message and a question via your website which is then sent to you via email where you can respond to them. This form is fully customizable which means you could create an online form designed for the return of products. I'll walk you through how to do this now.

Firstly, if you require both a contact form and a separate returns form, you'll need to make a duplicate of the page.contact.liquid file. If you don't need a contact form, you can skip ahead and ignore the following steps.

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code
  2. Under "Templates" click "add a new template". Select "page" from the dropdown and give the page a name. In the screenshot example below, I've called it returns-form.19-32-jpy37-eg3yz
  3. Delete all the code that's generated.
  4. Find the file called "page.contact.liquid" and copy all the code and paste it into the new returns-form file that you've just created.
  5. Click Save.

Now you're able to create a page for your returns form by going to Online Store > Pages > Add New. Just make sure you select the right template as per the below image:

19-35-2t00x-znlms

To customize your new form, head back into the returns-form template follow this guide to add your own fields.

If you get stuck at all, or you prefer the downloadable form option, it may be best to contact a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts is a marketplace of developers that you can hire to make coding changes to your store. This includes editing the contact form, duplicating the contact form, adding your custom requests and more. Each developer has their own skillset and a partnered with Shopify to provide you with the best experience. You can contact experts yourself by doing a search, or post an ad where experts can reply with a quote and you can then choose the best one.

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ediz
Excursionist
60 0 25

Hi Miles, thank you for your feedback. Is it also possible to have a fix text which is automaticly created with the formular. So just the * fields have to filled by the customer?

Example:

Hiermit widerrufe ich (*name) wohnhaft in der (*adress) den von mir abgeschlossenen Vertrag (*contract number) über den Kauf der
folgenden Waren (*product number, anount of order) bestellt am (*ordered at) erhalten am (*received on).

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 66 108

Hi, @Ediz!

Not a problem at all. Hope you find the perfect way to make it work for you. it looks like you're referring to something called a "required" attribute. In the guide I liked above, you'll be able to learn about it, but I've also included the instructions below.

The required attribute can be applied to an <input> element to make a field mandatory in the contact form. Customers must fill in all required fields before they can submit the contact form. In the following example, the Birthday field is specified as required:

<label for="ContactFormBirthday">Birthday *</label>
<input
  required
  type="text"
  id="ContactFormBirthday"
  name="contact[Birthday]"
  placeholder="Birthday"
/>

Remember, use this guide to learn about customizing the contact field. If you need any other assistance, please let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes