Dumb question about Galleries on other pages

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello! I'm very new to Shopify, and I'm working with the Venture theme. I've tried a few others, but editing the CSS on them has proven to be too much of a headache for how much I'm getting paid to do this.

I'm looking on the pages other than the home page, and it seems that you can't add any of their sections - no galleries, images, text, or what not, other than what you put in the text box on the "Pages" editor. Maybe I'm thinking too hard, and maybe I'm not thinking hard enough, but I really just want to place their gallery widget/section on my photos page. Is it possible? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance, especially if this has a simple answer I should have guessed.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 20

Hi there @MckenzieDunford!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! Firstly - there's no such thing as a dumb question! While I'm not a developer, nor am I familiar with code - we do have an alternative solution you might be interested in to display your gallery on your photos page. Currently, the pages don't have sections - but we did announce that sections will be made available on every page later this year. You can sign up for these updates here

For the time being, are you wanting to embed an Instagram Gallery, or a collection of other photos? If you're wanting to display your Instagram Gallery, you can find a few apps that will let you embed your images like Instafeed and Social Feed. Otherwise, if you simply want to display your own gallery of images, you can try out an app like Gallery by EA or Photo Gallery. Do these look like suitable solutions for your gallery needs? 

Cheers. 

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

That sounds perfect! Do I just embed a little section of code?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hello MckenzieDunford,

You can make home page sections easily available to other pages with this app: https://apps.shopify.com/pluspage

You can also add galleries as you are intending to do such. 

Here is a quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlo3hU129So

0 Likes