Duplicate Meta descriptions?

Solved
4 0 0

Hey folks. 

I am getting a warning that I have 111 duplicate meta description tags on my site (every page). My self-diagnosis as someone who knows absolutely nothing about coding believes the code that tells what the meta description tag is has been inputted twice which would be why it is making duplicates. I have no idea but I am hoping it is as simple as somebody replying delete line "___".  If anybody can see here what the reason my website has duplicate meta description tags on every page is here I will venmo you lol. Thanks to anybody who tries to help.

shopifyhelp6.PNG

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
915 95 149

Hard to tell without the code at hand. You might want to look into snippet/social-meta-tags.liquid, maybe there is one another <meta name="description".../> snippet. Can you share the URL to your store?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
4 0 0

Deleted

0 Likes
4 0 0

I just noticed the errors went away after I deleted a bunch of these snippets that an SEO boosting app inserted into my code. Now it says I have 0 duplicate meta description tags. Your advice pointed me in the right area I needed to be searching. Your a frickin legend I hope you know that.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
915 95 149

Awesome!

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issues at:

I was trying to solve it myself by trying to remove some codes, I was unsuccessful. Shopify does not provide any option to add a Meta Description on the Collections page. How come it says "duplicate"? Please help !!!
0 Likes