Duplicating and Customizing Sections for New Pages through Code Editor

OscarEspinosa
3 0 0

I need to create several additional pages and customize them with the theme's available sections. I discovered that the section's data and content carry over to all pages using that same section, so naturally I decided to make copies of the sections to use on the different pages. Here's my process:

1. Create 'About Us' page in Pages
  2. Create 'About-Us' template in the Code Editor to be used by 'About Us' page and apply
  3. Create 'About-Us-Slideshow' section in Code Editor
  4. Copy 'Slideshow' section's code to 'About-Us-Slideshow' section
  5. Add 'About-Us-Slideshow' section to 'About-Us' template

At this Point when I go customize the theme, I can see and edit the section, BUT after inputting the info and clicking SAVE, the section resets to its default info.

I know there is something I should be modifying in the new section's code but I can't figure out what it is, maybe it's a schema thing? I don't know. Using Avenue Theme. Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1898 285 745

Do you have the template file applied to the page itself from the admin? In Online Store > Pages > About Us -- then in the bottom right is where you would apply the template. Your flow seems fine, I just recreated it in my Debut theme and it's working.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
OscarEspinosa
3 0 0

Hi Ninthony!

Yes, I doubled checked that the file was applied. The problem persists that the content resets to default after I click save.

0 Likes