Dynamic title, description, and background change on product variation selection

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am looking to implement a product page with all of our products that change the title and description when the flavor variation is selected. For reference, I want it to be functional to this web page https://magicspoon.com/products/variety-pack-cereal-case 

As an FYI, I have extensive HTML/CSS/JavaScript knowledge.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I've been looking everywhere for information on how to do this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
875 72 205

The way I do it is set an event listener on the variants, then execute your function based on what's selected. For example if you want the background color to change, create a CSS rule on the body or page background, and change that class depending on the variant selected.

The way they're doing it is by loading a new page when clicking a variant (rather than dynamically changing the current page), that goes to the product they selected... I would dynamically change the page instead, so you don't have to wait for reload.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you that is a great idea! I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Likes