Dynamically Name Section Blocks to differentiate many blocks

Shopify Partner
7 0 3

Just like the image populates, my client would like the ability to have the name of a section block be dynamic so its easy to differentiate. See the image below.

In this image the client has many size charts that are linked to a product tag. She would like the tag to show up as text in the section block since the image is hard to make out and differentiate. I am unsure if this is possible. Does any one know of a way to override the section block name? I know it can be done by selecting a product as the first object but this does not help since a single size chart is assigned to 10-25 products based on a tag. I need the ability for the first line to be something that can replace "A Product Size Chart" with something identifiable.

Let me know if this needs clarification.

Thanks!

Venture Focused Consulting | E-Commerce Developer
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hello Alexander,

Did you find any solution for this?

Thank you

Helping store owners like you around the world. Check my youtube channel for how to videos: youtube.com/channel/UCdN-RKEorn61nZ3mTw4uq1g
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

No not really. The closest was to add a text setting at the top and it will name the label, but then we lose the image.

Venture Focused Consulting | E-Commerce Developer
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

So you can change the name of the label "A product size..." from the theme settings? If so how do you do that?

Helping store owners like you around the world. Check my youtube channel for how to videos: youtube.com/channel/UCdN-RKEorn61nZ3mTw4uq1g
0 Likes

The following schema allows me to create named blocks so all the blocks containing different content can be flagged by a unique name:

{% schema %}
  {
    "blocks": [
      {
        "type": "block-type",
        "name": "Block Name",
        "settings": [
          {
            "id": "image",
            "type": "image_picker",
            "label": "Image"
          },
          {
            "id": "title",
            "type": "text",
            "label": "Name"
          },
          {
          "id": "some_link",
          "type": "text",
          "label": "URL some page"
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
{% endschema %}
1 Like
1 0 0

Hi all, is this a validated fix? We have the same issue but our agency are struggling to get the above workaround to work.

Cheers

0 Likes