Edit Image Icon Missing

Tourist
4 0 2

Hey, this is great. Look just like the Shopify in-bulit editor. Thank you!

1 Like
1 0 1

Where has this gone!!??  This is not resolved until you provide the functionality that has existed for more than two years.  WTF!!? It's a massive PITA to have to use another APP to perform basic image editing.  What's the status... when are you going to reinstate this functionality??  What total Wally thought it would be OK to just remove this...? Do you not think we have workflows.. or that we might not notice!!  Or a deadline .. and then oh it's just not available anymore...!!!!!!!!

So is there someone at Shopify who is now going to spend half an hour editing the images that would have taken me 5 mins to fix before... or are you planning to reduce the subscription charge to cover the cost of a Paid for App!!!

Someone at Shopify please give us all a justification for this .. and then tell us how you plan to resolve it.

This system isn't a toy... we run our £2m GBP business with it... don't treat your customers so contemptuously... because instead of figuring out how I'm going to manage without this functionality I'll go and check out how BigCommerce has come on instead!!

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
147 6 176

Hi everyone, I apologize for any frustration this may be causing.  

When there is more information to share I'll follow up in this topic but I wanted to call out our change log update about this issue below. 

Image editing tool removed from Shopify admin

The image editing app was removed from the Files, Products, and Online Store pages in the Shopify admin. The image editor was a third party app that was unexpectedly shut down.

We're working hard to find a replacement for the app. In the meantime, you can use image editing software or install an app from the Shopify App Store.

View a collection of image editing apps on the Shopify App store.

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 1 22

@newm06 You can try this app, it have the same editor and it's free (if you haven't seen it in this thread)

getpixpix.com

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 4

@MaDev1 

Thanks so much for this. Haven't messed with a lot but it appears to be the perfect solution. It might even be better simply because all of the products are in one place and ready to be edited plus there are a few extra tools that weren't available before. Thanks again.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1708 47 153

Hi if your effected by this could you share a limited description of the features you were using with the old image editor?

Or why you need a built in app integration rather than editing the images with a desktop program?

If you'd prefer to use a desktop program to edit what would be needed to make that better than now?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
1 0 1

bro i love you :)

1 Like
Shopify Partner
30 1 22

PixPix has been published on Shopify App store!

https://apps.shopify.com/pixpix-simple-image-editor

Please review it if you've been using it

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
147 6 176

I wanted to let everyone know that a simple image editing tool has been added to the Shopify Admin.

This is a replacement for the image editing tool that was removed in April.

You can now crop, resize, rotate and use a draw tool to tweak your images – directly within the Shopify Admin.

Happy editing and thanks again for your patience! 

Source; Shopify Changelog

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted