Edit Thank You Page?

Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hey there, hope you are having a great day!

I want to enhance email list segmentation by using a tool that gives me an HTML code for order/purchase tracking.

I have to implement that code/snippet in my 'thank you' page so that it gets 'fired' every time a customer has successfully bought something from my store.

Do you know where I can find and edit that thank you page that gets shown after a purchase was successfully made (not the order confirmation email)?

I am using Shopify's 'Venture' theme ('Snowboard' edition).

I would be glad if some of you pros could give me with some tips/instructions because I am certainly not one!

Respectfully,

Tom

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 71

Hey, Tom!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

We've got a special section in the admin where you can enter that code so that it'll apply to the Thank You page. It's called, "Additional Scripts." 

If you navigate to Settings>Checkout and scroll to the bottom of the Order Processing section, you'll find a text box that you can paste code into. 

Let me know if that does the trick, or if there's anything I can clarify!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 1

Hey Tom,

You can easily get it done by using ReConvert app. It's an app that's made specifically to design and edit your thank you page. You can use it to ass a lot of cool things including videos, capture customer birthdays, create post-purchase surveys (great for segmentation) and upsells.

The app is compatible with all themes so I think it should work for you.

Hope that's helpful,

Ariyeh.

1 Like
Tourist
15 0 1

Hey Tom,

You can easily get it done by using ReConvert app. It's an app that's made specifically to design and edit your thank you page. You can use it to ass a lot of cool things including videos, capture customer birthdays, create post-purchase surveys (great for segmentation) and upsells.

It's compatible with any theme so it should work for you

Hope that's helpful,

Ariyeh.

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 1

Hey Tom, there is one app on the app store that specializes in just that, it's called ReConvert and it's mine if you have any questions :)

https://apps.shopify.com/reconvert

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello!

This is super helpful -- just wanted to confirm that the "additional scripts" part of the website actually applies to the "Thank You" page and not the "Checkout" page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Caroline

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello All, 

I am having the same question as SweetNovaTeam. 

I use Additional scripts to get information for my Adwords Account. 

But my script does not trigger on checkout/thank_you page ! I think the script does not appear on this page. So, 

"I just wanted to confirm that the "additional scripts" part of the website actually applies to the "Thank You" page and not the "Checkout" page?" <-- Same question ! 

Thibault.

1 Like
1 0 0

HI! I was wondering the same thing and after a quick lookup in the help center, I could confirm that the "thank you page" is indeed referred to as the "order status page" by shopify. You can check it for yourself here.

Here is a key quote from the link above.

"Tracking codes typically are used on the order status page, which is the page that confirms that the customer has created an order."

Additional scripts added to the "Order processing" section of the checkout settings apply to the Order status page.

0 Likes
1 0 1
Hi there, I am aware of the option you specified, but that is not enough, as my job does not end adding additional script. I must guarantee that any liquid variables are rendered correctly and the script works and does not throw any exception (even when copied by trusted service like Google). For that reason, I need to preview that page. For now it seems the only way is to make an order (and since integration happens after the store is online, we cannot do that without actual payment). Any ideas how to preview the page with additional scripts without creating an actual order?
1 Like