Edit content_for_order_summary on checkout

10 0 0

Can anyone tell me where to edit how the products look on checkout.

I am guessing it has something to do with content_for_order_summary

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Astronaut
1083 148 273

Cant edit the appearance of checkout unless you're a shopify plus member. It would be checkout.liquid

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
10 0 0

Yep, understand that and I am.

I beleve its in this: {{ content_for_order_summary }}

Don't know where to edit that.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Bumping the topic. I'm interested and no one answered yet.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

@Ninthony wrote:

Cant edit the appearance of checkout unless you're a shopify plus member. It would be checkout.liquid

I can confirm, you need to be on an Enterprise Level plan (Plus) to get checkout access, and then you would need to use java script to tap into DOM level editing to change it as its all done in Liquid drops.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

OK. So, let's assume I am.

Now.... where and how to edit the content of the variable?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

You would need to DOM Edit it using Javascript.  using .replace, or .append, etc.

JS is my weak point (to be transparent and honest) but i just had to edit the checkout using JQ today and it was a pain in the rear lol.

In addition this is info often sent out to plus merchants who want to edit the checkout.

It is important to keep in mind that Shopify is frequently making optimizations to the Shopify checkout experience and as such the base coding of the checkout will change over time. This means certain edits and code you add to the checkout may also need to be updated in conjunction. Modifications that rely on HTML rendered through liquid drops, such as `{{ content_for_layout }}`, can stop working as we release updates and changes to fix issues.

In saying this, any time Shopify makes checkout updates, there is a Preview & Upgrade process that will give you ample notification and time (30 days) to adjust any of your existing modifications to work with our own checkout updates, should you need to.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 2

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  Curious to know and surprised that you never received a concrete answer.

0 Likes