Edit your theme code to collect customization information for products

3 0 0

I am trying to place a blank box with the wording "Enter Personalization" above it, on my products so that customer can tell me what personalization they'd like on it. 

I've followed the direction from here,

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

and I can't get it to work. What am I missing?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

Hey, there!

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team. I am happy to help, but since the link that you shared is an advanced tutorial I’m not able to help any further with that specifically. With that said, I did want to slip into this thread and share some information with you that might make the process easier. Have you looked into using any apps before?

The apps are really simple to use because you add them to your store and voila! You’re able to add an area for customizations from your customers and you also have an easy to view area to review these adjustment requests after the fact. With the apps, you can add a lot of customization/personalization features that will help you achieve even more of your goals for product customization and personalization abilities.

This app, Product Options and Customizer is a great app to use for what you're wanting to achieve, but the app Product Personalizer has the ability for your customers to see the customizations in real-time. That is a great feature to have to help promote customer satisfaction with your products rather than visualizing one thing and then having a different item than they were expecting delivered to their door. Infinite Options is another tool that you can use and is very popular among other Shopify stores.

Now, all of these apps do have a cost, so if you would prefer that you not pay a cost for an app the alternative option would be to reach out to the Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are extremely talented when it comes to adjustments on Shopify stores so they should be able to help you add with the advanced customization from the tutorial that you shared.

If you have any more questions at all please don’t hesitate to let me know!

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello Dallas!

Thank you for your reply! I have checked into the apps and couldn't find one that was free. If you know of one that is free I'd like to try it!

Sincerely, Jody

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

Ah yes, for something like that it will have a monthly cost attached to it. It may not be ideally what you're looking for, but the other option would be to reach out to the Shopify Experts to see if this is something that they could custom add-in for you. There will be a cost associated with this, but it will be a one time cost rather than a continuous month by month cost. Is that something that you'd be more interested in?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Dallas I figured it out on my own, thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 85

Ok, you're very welcome! If you have any other questions please let me know. I am more than happy to assist you or point you in a direction. 

0 Likes