Editing Contact Form submission successful message font color

3 0 0

I have been unsuccessful in finding where to edit the font color of the "contact form submission successful" message - this is the message shown after someone successfully submits the information in the form. It is by default green as shown below. 

How do you change the color of this?

Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 7.07.09 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
532 34 74

Hey, there

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care team.

That sort of customization would require some work in the backend of your theme. Since I'm more along the lines of general support I can't share the exact steps as it's a bit out of my area of expertise, but I talked with our themes department and they said that they'd be willing to look into customizing this for you if you're using a Shopify theme. May I ask what theme you're using?

If you are using a Shopify theme then the best part is that this can be done for free with design time. When you start an account you have 60 mins of free design time.

If you'd prefer not to do this route then you're more than welcome to take a look at using a Shopify Expert.

I look forward to speaking with you further.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 2

You'll can edit your page.contact.liquid template (depending on what theme you're using). Then append a class or inline style around:

{% if form.posted_successfully? %}
  <h3 class="not-green-class">Thanks for contacting us</h3>
{% endif %}

Otherwise if you're on chrome browser open the web developer tools and highlight the Green text and see what the class name is set to. You can then append the classname with the proper color you wish to set in theme.scss.liquid.

* If you're uncomfortable doing both, please reach out to an expert!

Need shopify help? Drop us an email hi@cnvs.la
Web: www.cnvs.la
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Dallas, 

I am currently just using the "Debut" theme. Something else strange is happening - ever since I put in the contact form, newsletter signup is giving the same message as the contact form message (this isnt the default) - something is not right there. See below: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 10.40.55 AM.png

Thanks, 

Ross

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
532 34 74

That is very odd. I tried it out on my test store and this was the message that I received. 

2019-10-zfng0-sfmzz

In that case, it sounds like this could either be a cache issue or a coding issue. If it's a cache issue then that would be easy to solve. Have you tried clearing your cache? This helpful link gives instructions on how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works?

If that doesn't solve it then there is probably something else going on. Have you done any code changes to your website recently? Or have you added any apps? 

For your other question regarding the change of color on the response message, I can certainly send it up to our themes team because the Debut theme is a Shopify theme. What I have done is sent an email to the email address associated with this forum's account. If this is the email attached as the account owner of the store then please just reply to the email. If this isn't the email associated with the account owner then please CC them to this email thread and get them to reply to this email. From there I'll have the necessary verification to proceed. In that email, if you could also give the exact color code for what you'd like the themes team to change it to. 

Much appreciated and I look forward to speaking with you further. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dallas, 

I cleared the the cache etc. What I see now is no response message at all. What I also see is there is no linger any button to submit a contact form at all...

I saw another message you sent to get this to the themes team, which would seems necessary - I need to get this back to working order asap. There are two apps installed at the moment - "product reviews" and "recharge recurring billing and subscriptions". Recharge was added in the last week or so..

Let me know what is needed to proceed. The email darkmatterfungi@gmail.com is the email associated with the account and I am the owner of the account.

Thank you, 

Ross

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
532 34 74

Great, thank you so much for letting me know all of this additional information. I'm going to take a bit of a closer look myself and then I'll send this up to the themes department. For all other additional information, I'll be in touch by email so please keep an eye out for that. 

Best, 

0 Likes