Editing How Header Announcement Bar Functions? [Venture Theme]

Highlighted
1 0 3

I would appreciate any help on this ASAP. I cannot find the code for the announcement bar in the header. I'm using Venture.

Currently, the announcement bar has the standard 'exit' functionality in the form of an 'X' on the right side. I'd like to either remove that function so the announcement bar can't be removed, or make it so if it is removed the bar returns on reloading the page or returning to the site. Currently, if I click the X as a visitor the announcement bar won't return unless I clear my cookies. I'd even settle for a quick fix of changing the icon size/color or moving it to a weird place or something to make it practically unclickable. But all of these require me to find where the announcement bar is coded, and I cannot find it in its own section, the header.liquid, theme.scss.liquid, or anywhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as soon as possible. Thanks!

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hi

Comment out the lines from your header.liquid. See below:

<button type="button" class="text-link notification__close" id="NotificationPromoClose">
          {% include 'icon-close' %}
          <span class="icon__fallback-text">{{ 'cart.general.close_notification' | t }}</span>
        </button>

Once you have done that, save it and refresh your website page.

Have fun :)

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

This is AMAZING! Thanks so much! It toally worked for me and I didn't even ask the original question. :)

Cheers!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

thank's you !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 0 16

Great @acevernon !

It works perfect! Thanks