Editing Letter Spacing

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi,

I would like to edit the letter spacing for the navigation, header, the body of my website (slightly different letter spacing for navigation/header and body). I currently have the District theme. How do I edit this in the CSS code? 

My URL is hereandnowsupply.com

Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 5 8

In CSS you can change the letter spacing with the "letter-spacing" property.

Seeing as how you might need to apply this property to several different areas, you will need to add this to several areas in your code.

For example, if I wanted to set a 5px letter spacing to all links, I could do this:

a { letter-spacing: 5px; }

This is a helpful link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/letter-spacing

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)

I am open to new business partnerships-- let me know if you need someone to help out with design, product management, social media, marketing, or SEO!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 5 8

What is really helpful is if you use Chrome and then hit F12 on your website. Using Ctrl+Shift+C, you can hover over items and see what your CSS changes would look like in real time. It doesn't save or anything, so no need to worry about messing it up.

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)

I am open to new business partnerships-- let me know if you need someone to help out with design, product management, social media, marketing, or SEO!
0 Likes