Editing a footer. Would like ability to ask for email in footer...

TheHatGirls
Excursionist
21 0 5

I'd love to put a graphic/form asking for customer's email addresses in the footer of my Shopify website. Not these colors, but the idea of the image below. I currently use "Supply" theme and my website is: www.thehatgirls.com

Please see photo below:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 5.39.51 PM.png

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
921 86 126

Hey, @TheHatGirls.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out with this question!

You can add a newsletter signup section to your to your online store to capture customers' email addresses. The Newsletter section can be added to the Footer section, while customizing your theme through the Storefront editor. Simply click on the Footer section in the Storefront editor, add content, and select the Newsletter signup in the dropdown menu. The newsletter signup looks similar to the example you've shared; however, the colors and fonts will be based off of your theme settings

Here's an example from my test store using the Supply theme:

I've also took the opportunity to look over your store and I think your store looks amazing! I can see consistent styling across the pages and excellent resources shared in the footer. While I understand you're not featuring any products on the homepage at the moment; however, I think there may be an opportunity to feature new or promotional products on your homepage. For new customers, like myself, I often find myself having difficulty deciding what to buy from larger catalogues, so featuring some items could help customers with their shopping decisions. If you're interested, you can use the Featured product or Featured collections from your theme to showcase specific items and collections. Also, incase you weren't aware, you can remove the 'Powered by Shopify' message from the footer as well - Would this be something that interests you?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
TheHatGirls
Excursionist
21 0 5
Hi Elias! Thank you so much for your reply and recommendation. Yes, I would
like to remove the "powered by Shopify" form the footer. Is it fairly
simply for a non-coder?

And I dont know much about featured products and collections but thats a
great idea as I can see a lot of people get to our homepage but dont go
much further typically. Something I'd love to fix! Would you recommend
putting the featured products ABOVE the photo of us on the homepage? Or
below that trio of photos?

Thanks for your time.
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
921 86 126

Hi, @TheHatGirls.

You're welcome!

Removing the "Powered by Shopify" message from the footer is very simply and doesn't require any coding. First, head over to the Language editor, which is located under 'Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages'). Then using the search bar, search for "powered" to filter the list of translations and find the Powered by Shopify field. Simply enter a blank space into the field and save the changes. 

Here's a screenshot of the Language editor from my test store:

I'm a huge fan of brand content, as I enjoy learning more about the brands that I'm purchasing from, and I love seeing the trio of photos at the top of your page. I'd recommend putting the featured products or collections below the trio of photos. If you'd like to feature more brand content, such as blogs or pictures from clients, with customers on the homepage, you can also consider using the Blog post or Image with text overlay sections from the Supply theme.

Here are some of the other sections available on the Supply theme:

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
TheHatGirls
Excursionist
21 0 5

Hi Elias. Thanks for the tips. I was able to removed the "powered by shopify" in the footer.

I was also able to create a featured collection and add it to my homepage. I use a third-party app called "Shogun page builder" to more easily build some of my Shopify pages since I am not versed in coding. Let me know your thoughts on layout, etc of the featured collection...?

I'd love to have all of the "add to cart" buttons aligned...

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 11.42.16 AM.png

Would also love every photo to be the same size, but I think that's something our photographer will need to do.

www.thehatgirls.com

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
921 86 126

Hi, @TheHatGirls.

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear you were able to remove the "Powered by Shopify" message! 

Shogun Page Builder is great, as this app provides a lot of elements you can use, and allows you to build a unique landing page. Though the featured products is sitting above the trio of photos, I think the layout looks great!

From what I can see, the "add to cart" buttons seem to be aligning with the height and length of the product images and product titles. Once you make the photos the same size, the "add to cart" buttons should also be more aligned. However, in order to have the buttons lined up exactly, you may need to adjust the length of some of your product titles as well.

That being said, I'd recommend updating the photos first, as that can help with the alignment more significantly, and then deciding if you need to adjust the product titles.  

Can your photographer take new photos using the same aspect ratio for all of your products?

0 Likes