Solved

Can I modify the quantity box error message in Shopify's Debut theme?

hiddenacres
Visitor
2 0 0
I am using the Debut theme. I have added a quantity box to my product page so customers can choose a quantity to purchase without having to edit the quantity in the cart. My problem is an error message that pops up when a quantity is chosen that exceeds the current available inventory. The current error message reads "You can't add more [product name] to the cart." The error message is blunt and vague. I don't want my customers trying all different numbers under they reach an available quantity, and the error message does not even imply that the problem is the quantity exceeding available inventory.
I am looking for 1 of 2 fixes:
1. Change the error message to read "We're sorry, that quantity exceeds our current available inventory."
2. Change the quantity box to function as the quantity box in the cart currently functions, which is it defaults to the max available inventory when a large number is entered. For example, if their are 15 items available and the customer enters "20" into the quantity box, the quantity box automatically changes the "20" to "15".
Accepted Solution (1)

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 142

This is an accepted solution.

@hiddenacres the 1st fix can be easily done. All you need to do is go to Online Store -> Actions -> Edit Code -> Locales -> en.default.json.

You will see this banner:

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.11.18 am.png

Click on theme language editor.

Now in the Filter input box enter "add more":

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.12.56 am.png

You will see this box here:

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.13.01 am.png

Change to whatever text you want to.

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 142

This is an accepted solution.

@hiddenacres the 1st fix can be easily done. All you need to do is go to Online Store -> Actions -> Edit Code -> Locales -> en.default.json.

You will see this banner:

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.11.18 am.png

Click on theme language editor.

Now in the Filter input box enter "add more":

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.12.56 am.png

You will see this box here:

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 1.13.01 am.png

Change to whatever text you want to.

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
hiddenacres
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you so much! This was driving me nuts, and I have no idea how to write/edit code, this is all foreign to me. 

DelNz
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so so much!

David281
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you for getting this far, but I want the message to also display the quantity available so its more user friendly. How can I do that?