Editing in HTML

Tourist
6 1 1

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to do simple things like making image a link or making text in announcement bar bold, but i can't find html file to modify this things. It would be really easy to just put "<b></b>" around text.

So my question is where can i find html file for this. I tried various files in code editor but found nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
16940 1852 6342

@686 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Tourist
6 1 1

@KetanKumar 

I'm just building my first store, so the best i can do is preview https://6863757.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1&key=06007a5213d34719e182c6a51217b51ab8b94ddacf2bebc...

Is it ok?

0 Likes

Hi @686 ,

TL;DR

is not possible.

The announcement bar is part of the file header.liquid in the Debut theme code. There you can find the line

<p class="announcement-bar__message">{{ section.settings.message_text | escape }}</p>

So it is predefined with as a paragraph and HTML code will not work.

For certain you can change this line to whatever you want. Sometimes it is sufficient just to add the class "rte" to a  node to allow HTML code but I tried it here and it did not do the trick yet.  So it would need further investigation to change it.

Regards
Thomas

• War meine Antwort hilfreich? Hinterlasse bitte ein Like.
• Hat meine Antwort Dein Problem gelöst? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 1 1

@tewe , thank you for your answer.

What about making image a link? If it is not possible to make image a link with html what other options can be used?

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
16940 1852 6342

@686 

can you please header code i will update code

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes