Embeded videos not showing up on Brooklyn theme. Also, how do you change the size of product pics?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
26 0 1

hi there, on our site www.vipgolfawards.com our embedded videos are not showing up on the product pages.

If you go to 'tournament awards' in the product menu, we have one sample product up at the moment, but even though the embedded video shows up on the back end when I preview on the site nothing shows up.

Along with this issue, I was also curious about how you change the size of the product pictures. I am wanted to do a thumbnail style with multiple pics but the main picture when you click on the product is a tad too big.

Thanks everyone and I hope to hear back from you all soon!

- Jake Hardin

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
768 75 150

Hey there, @Jakehardin21 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this! It would appear that the description is completely missing from the product page - not just the embedded video. This would suggest to me that the description has been deleted from the product page code, or, some other code from a customization or an app is interfering. I would suggest rolling the product-template.liquid back to an older version. You can do so by following the steps in this guide. 

I noticed that your password page is still active. Are you planning on launching any time soon? If so, I would highly recommend checking out the Essential Shopify Launch Checklist. If you will be up and running fro BFCM I would recommend checking out our BFCM toolkit also! 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
26 0 1

Thank you I will check out my code to see if anything is wrong. The only thing I changed was in product.description from the advice of someone on here. Do you think this could be affecting it?

Astronaut
884 106 197

Open your product-template section and Ctrl + F for product.description. You should see something like this:

locate_product_description.jpg

nevermind that my code will look different, I did a different tutorial for someone else a while ago. You want the highlighted section of code. Copy that and then Ctrl + F for "product-single__photos". Click on that opening div tag so it's orange. It'll look like this:

locate_product_single_photos.jpg

Scroll down to find the other end of that div tag, it will be highlighted orange too. Paste your description under there:

locate_product_single_photos_closing_div.jpg

Should be on the left side now.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
768 75 150

It would appear that moving your code in this way went wrong as it got rid of the description entirely, I would revert your code back to the original version and then contact our support team - they will be able to implement this change for you.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
26 0 1

Thanks Bo, is there a certain place I call or go to get this support?

0 Likes