Error on in tag

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

I have created an alternate product template following these instructions:

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/store/create-alternate-templates#sectioned-themes

I am doing this some I can remove the quantity selection on a specific type of product.  When I select my new/alternate template from edit product page I get this error:

Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'product-product-subscriptions-template' is not a valid section type

I am sure this is a simple error but I don't know what it is. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
752 39 126

Hi, Andrew! Tira here, a Shopify Guru ready to help!

I'm sorry that you're running into this error. This error can appear when new files are created.

I suggest copying the content from the original product-template section over to your newly created template, then remove the quantity selector code. Then try selecting the template for the specific product. You can see this outlined in steps 3 & 4 in this help doc here: Create a new section file for your theme.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello,
I got delete my product description error in tag section how can i undo that?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi - 

I received the message: ‘Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'footer' is not a valid section type’

I want to remove the footer section to have a full length image on my homepage. What’s the best way to do this without deleting all of the footer coding?

0 Likes