Estimate Delivery Date

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 7

Hi -

I'm wanting to show customers an estimated delivery date on product pages from when they view the product. (also cart page or in the checkout would be great too)

e.g. Estimated delivery between: 02/12/2019 to 12/12/209

Based on what country they are in. 

For example:

Australia, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand = estimated delivery within 15 to 20 BUSINESS days

Rest of the world = estimated delivery within 30 to 40 BUSINESS days

I have tried both apps:

1. Delivery Date Rang - https://apps.shopify.com/delivery-date-range?surface_detail=delivery&surface_inter_position=1&surfac...

2. Omega Estimated Shipping Date - https://apps.shopify.com/omega-estimated-shipping-date?surface_detail=delivery&surface_inter_positio...

Which didn't meet my needs. App 1. did a display which says "if you order by today it will be delivered so and so date" which is great for conversion BUT I can't make this kind of promise to customers as I'm drop-shipping and can't guarantee dates based on how soon they order etc. as Chinese suppliers handle all the products.  It wouldn't be fair on customers who expect that if they purchase it's guaranteed to arrive then, as sometimes my suppliers can be delayed.

2. App 2 did what I needed however it was really really tedious to use and set up the different countries and time consuming to use overall, not worth their monthly charge for it in the end.

Can anyone suggest any apps or any other way to do this?

Basically so customers can get a date range estimate based on where they're from as to what dates the product is estimated to arrive based on those shipping time estimate ranges above - and those shipping estimates count only BUSINESS days (mon to fri) as those estimates do not count weekends (sat & sun) which needs to be factored in as I need to exclude those weekend days when it makes a "total day count" to estimate the correct date estimate ranges.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi snowyny25,

are you still looking?

I think our app might fit your needs https://apps.shopify.com/delm

It provides all of your described needs but only for product pages.

I'd be happy to help you with the setup!

Tobi

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 7

Thanks heaps! Yeah that looks good. Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

May be you can look into this: fenixcommerce 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you use DELM for an Australian shopify store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 1 9

May I suggest Order Deadline App - The original, most fully featured and most reviewed app for this purpose, on Shopify.

Order Deadline allows you to customise messaging, apply rules/overrides and even log the calculated dates and display them in your notification emails, or in the cart.

The cart itself can detect a "split delivery date" situation, where multiple items have different delivery dates.  In this case, a special message can be displayed to inform customers what your store will do with the order: Send the order in one delivery when the last item is ready, or send as separate deliveries.  The app allows you to mention these first and last delivery dates, easily.

If you're concerned about many items having different delivery dates, Order Deadline also supports Metafield Mapping - you can drive app settings with your product metafield data.  This is ideal if you have various shipping speeds for many different items.  You can simply apply your metafield data externally to the app, and the app will pick up this data and load accordingly.  Many stores run automated processes for setting this metafield data.

Order Deadline is currently on special pricing, so you can get 33% off the usual price right now.

App listing page: https://apps.shopify.com/order-deadline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 1 9

@AussieWineCPU  Order Deadline app supports stores globally.  There are hundreds of stores in Australia using the app, so if you'd like any assistance with setting up, I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks

Mat

0 Likes