Expand order summary by default on checkout

Pathfinder
104 1 24

Why don't you post the solution within the forum as opposed to linking out to another website so anyone who is interested but Leary about clicking to a site outside of the forum can take advantage of it as well.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Firstly, I didn't post the external website link. Nor did I click on it myself.

Secondly, the solution is outlined on page one of this thread, third comment in by Anne M.

The guy who posted the link claiming that he had come up with a game changing solution to "save the world" or whatever was actually about three or four years behind Anne M. 

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Anne M on page one of this thread, third comment in, actually provided the solution three or four years ago. That is what helped me. I did not use your website nor get so far into this thread to see you claim your medal for solving the problem in the exact same way. Good for you though!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2
Though there is a reasonable amount of ambiguity due to the structure of the forum and timing, never mind. sorry. All the best.

0 Likes
Pathfinder
104 1 24

I'm sorry if you think I "claimed a medal"  I never saw "Anne's" response  these forums are a little confusing and kind of hard to muddle through everything. However, it's really odd that this has been an issue for what did you say? 4 years? and it's not been corrected by shopify yet.  Shame

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Not you! Diplo (not the rapper) the guy that posted the link! Sheesh. Sorry. I can give you a medal too if you want one? lol

Shopify don't seem to correct anything, so not surprising really. I can think of plenty of other things I would rather have corrected or updated than this (like stacking discount codes and allowing us to reorder shipping options). The solution provided on Page 1 of this forum by Anne M is a more than adequate fix, imo.

Here is Anne M's solution, for those interested:

"At the moment for this, the option is to edit your themes/ language section to edit Expand order summary to saw what you need, such as "Click here to apply your discount code"! This is to make the UX experience for customers who don't have a discount code easier on mobile!"

You want to go to Themes > Edit languages > Checkout & System. Find Expand Order Summary and change it to "Have a discount code?" or "Apply your discount code here" or something to suit you and your customer. Voila. Done. Easy. Well done to Anne M from Shopify.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2
I am very close. I feel the workaround was good enough to call it a solution when there is no real solution. If that could have highlighted other than complaints, we don't need to be here Anyways, All good finally. 

0 Likes
Pathfinder
104 1 24

It would be an adequate solution if customers actually paid attention and read something once in a while.  I'm still getting customers telling me they bombed out because there was no where to put the coupon code. 
Yeah I'd also like to see shipping calculator on 1st cart page (on all themes since one of mine doesn't work with it)  the ability to add "add insurance to 1st class shipping) and the ability to add a handling charge to individual shipping options not the same handling for all.  And the free shipping coupon gives you free on all shipping options.  Oh yes shopify I'm going to give them free shipping on orders over 75.00 and let them choose ups overnight free....(which would most likely cost more than the 75.00 they spent)   ACK!  then their tech support treats you as if asking for that to be fixed is a custom request. No.... it's just not financially sound.  ALL DEVELOPERS
and .... and.... and....  there's so many things that should be out of the box  but 

0 Likes