Expand threshold limit on show inventory.

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
8 1 0

Hi all, I'm currently trying to figure out how to increase my themes max inventory threshold for displaying the stock quantity on my product page.

My theme has a built in display inventory feature, but the threshold for displaying the inventory is 20. I am trying to set it to 50, but have had no luck. I am familiar with editing code but am not filmier with writing it. If someone knows how I can achieve this with reasonably small changes, then that would be ideal. Thanks so much.

store url: https://gogoglow.myshopify.com/

theme: Streamline

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
8 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I have found out how to do this if anyone want to know.
Here's how to change your max inventory number for Streamline theme.

1. You will first need to change the max inventory threshold to whatever number you want in the product-template.liquid file on line 155.
  2. Next you will need to change the threshold number in the settings_data.json file (line 175 & 71) to match the number you changed on your product-template.liquid file.
  3. Save and done.

If anyone needs help with this, just comment and let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

product.template.liquid on line 155 no longer has the threshold number (see attached).

So went to settings_data.json file and changing line 175, 71 resulted in an error and would not save.

So guessing there's a setting somewhere else. There is a setting in settings_schema.json, but changing that did not allow more than 20. Then after that, back to settings_data.json and error occurred again trying to change from 20.

Thanks,

Gary

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 6.08.17 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
8 1 0

Hey Gary,

you need to change the number in the product-template.liquid file in your Sections folder, not Snippets

After that you will not get a save error when you change the number in your settings_data.json file. (as long as the two changed numbers match)

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Thanks,
Kodi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks! Got it, working now.

0 Likes