Exporting images along with inventory

1 0 0

I have exported all my inventory to a .csv but I need all the images (even if it's just a thumbnail) also. I can go to the Files and check all images but there is not an EXPORT option.

How do I back-up or download all the files (including the images) from my Shopify site WITHOUT paying for a third-party app? 

Best,

Nikhil

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 173 572

Hi Nikhil Shahdadpuri

There is this really cool app that... nah, just kidding mate ;-)

Okay, so you have a few options:

1. The CSV should contain link to the images on CDN so you could write a script to go through your CSV and for each URL donload the resource
  2. You can create a liquid template that loops through all products and only displays their images, then just save all images from within your browser (careful so filenames match up with CSV)
  3. Write a private app that uses the product images REST endpoint and query each one to get the attachment and save

Well, there are quite a few "creative" ways to get those images, but as you can tell, nne of them are really great.

Sorry, can't be of more help on this one!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 80

Hey, Nikhil! 

This is a great question and I am more than happy to help you out.

If you are not wanting to use a paid app or deal with code, the easiest option would be to get the chrome extension called Tab Save, which is free!

When you have downloaded the extension you would just need to go to the Products page in your store admin, select all of your products and export them to a CSV file. Then open your CSV in your spreadsheet program (I always recommend Google Sheets) and copy the image URLs from the Image Src column. If you plunk that into the chrome extension (click on the crayon icon in the bottom left-hand corner, and paste under Enter Your Download Links). This will download all images to your downloads directory.  

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at all please do let me know by replying to this forum.

Cheers, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Nikhil,

There is a new solution for exporting product images: Mega Image Exporter

It doesn't currently help to export inventory, but feel free to contact us, maybe we will find a solution for your particular case.

0 Likes