Fav Icon Not Showing

Excursionist
50 0 8

Hi Guys

Anyone know why my fav icon is not showing? I uploaded it a while back with my password on, would this be a reason?

The site password is off now but fav icon still not showing?

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 30 210

Hi, @jamescox1981

Rae from Shopify here.

Thanks for posting this question. I'm happy to help take a closer look into what's happening with the favicon on your theme. 

Before we jump into some troubleshooting though, have you had a chance to double check your theme settings to confirm your favicon is set up correctly? I recommend doing this as a starting point by following these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click 'Online store > Themes' 
  3. Click 'Customize' beside your current theme 
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the lefthand sidebar and click 'Theme settings > Favicon' 
  5. Ensure an image is selected here
  6. If you make any changes, click 'Save' in the top righthand corner 

Once you've done this, please try clearing your cache or using Chrome Incognito mode to view your live site to check if the favicon displays properly. 

If your favicon is still not showing up after completing these steps, please reply back to me here with the following details: 

• The name of the theme you're using. You can find this in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'.
  • Your store's URL. That way, I can check out the favicon from my end. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with this information and working on some further troubleshooting together! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes