Favicon not displayed on mobile search results

Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 6

Nothing else to replace

Just upload your favicon to your Shopify (you have an option through the theme usually).

And past the URL of the image where it written "url of your picture here" (keep the "")

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="url of your picture here" />

Can you share your store URL so that we can help ?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Oh ok Thank you so much!! The URL to my store is christiananisi.myshopify.com but I also use the link christiananisi.co
The image URL/file name is: IMG_4405
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 6

So, right now you have this on your website : 

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="files/AE3ABF6F-D4DE-4F56-8AAC-49D70C77E6D9.jpeg" type="img_4405 ">

The link of the favicon points to : https://christiananisi.co/files/AE3ABF6F-D4DE-4F56-8AAC-49D70C77E6D9.jpeg

Which is a dead link.

You need to place the correct link to your picture (and you can also remove the type="img_4405" part)

Did you upload the favicon image in the assets folder ?

I know there is a way to fetch the image URL you've uploaded in the asset folder (but not sure to remember how, maybe someone else can help on this one)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Oh ok thank you! Yes I have the image in that folder to choose which picture I want to use
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you GourdeMorning. But where do you put that code. Do you install it somewhere in on of the theme files?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
46 0 6

@Gossjoh1 yes in your theme file.

Locate the file where you can find the following parameter :

link rel="shortcut icon"

Probably in your theme.liquid or something like this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I'm on a different theme, should it work do you know?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey GourdMorning,

Did you have to wait after making the changes to the code? also, was your code sandwiched in an if statement (if favicon.settings %) (end if)?

0 Likes