Favicon not showing in ddbut theme

Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

Hi All,

It seems my favicon has disappeared in the debut theme. I had not noticed until it was pointed out to me. I have cleared caches etc & checked in incognito mode, but nothing. My store is www.treasureknot.com

Thankyou.

faviconissue.JPG

Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1081 121 170

Hi, @Mareka,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for the additional context mentioning you have already tried clearing the cache and incognito, great first steps trying those methods.

Has anything been changed within your theme in or around the time before it was pointed out to you that the favicon is missing? Or was any of the theme code changed?

I would recommend that you try updating your theme as your next step, as it looks like from your image you have the Favicon correctly placed within the editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize). Ensure you back up your theme first, but that would be the next step to take. Have you also tried replacing the image within the editor? Just to rule out a possible glitch with that piece of coding?

Another thing you can do is ensure your browser is up to date, or to try using a different browser to see if it shows there.

Let me know how you get on with the above, or if you need further assistance!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14496 1670 5205

@Mareka 

Sorry for facing this issue, it's my pleasure to help us.

are you upload PNG File?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

It is a jpeg

0 Likes
Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

PNG file doesn't work either

0 Likes
Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

Hi Hank,

I think there have been some changes to the theme but because I don't know when my favicon disappeared, I can't be sure. When I went to update my theme, there was only the option to "Add Theme", there was no update. So I added the theme again, but I am not very tech savvy so I have no idea, & a bit reluctant about uninstalling & reinstalling apps. Plus it seems I would have to customize everything again ?

I have changed the photo in the editor a couple of times, even tried a PNG file, but nothing. My browser is up to date also.

Mareka.

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14496 1670 5205

@Mareka 

It can be done by doing some code customization. please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1081 121 170

Thank you for the additional context. @Mareka.

Some changes to the theme could indeed be the root cause, but one way to know is to try to roll back your theme version. Ensure you have made a duplicate copy of your theme before making any changes, that way you can rest knowing your changes are saved for you regardless of the rollback.

Let me know how you get on with this, or as @KetanKumar mentioned, if looking to hire an expert, you can contact him or any of the Shopify Experts who will be able to do this for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

Hi,

I tried to do a roll back of all the templates but they were all current versions, no older versions. I do recall deleting something to do with the Avada Seo app that was listed below my duplicated stores. It did say DO NOT DELETE, but I did. The store I duplicated while using Avada had this template - search.avada-seo.liquid - and the favicon was there. The next duplicated store is only a very recent one - I uninstalled Avada end of last year - the favicon is missing.

To be honest, I cannot afford to hire somebody. 

Mareka.

0 Likes
Mareka
Pathfinder
117 1 10

Hi Ketan,

I have sent you a private message. Can you please respond.

0 Likes