Feature Request - Dark Mode Email Support

Rosstheboss
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi Shopify,

Your platform needs to start including features for dark mode on computers and devices, especially for notifications. About 35% of all emails are now opened in dark mode on mobile devices and these emails are not formatted correctly. Shopify needs to have alternate colors and logos in order to prevent logos and buttons from disappearing on dark mode enabled devices.

Please add support ASAP. Dark mode is now a standard not a niche.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
851 81 112

Hey, @Rosstheboss.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I can see why having a dark mode for our platform can be a beneficial feature for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to share this suggestion with our developers. If Shopify moves forward with implementing this feature, you'll be able to find it on our changelog or announcements page. 

If you're using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge on your desktop (PC and Mac), you can use something like Dark Reader for the time being. Dark Reader can give your browser dark mode on majority of the websites, and it can alternate some of the colours without affecting any of the images as well. Dark Reader also provides other functions that allow you to change the appearance of your dark mode. 

As for mobile devices, most of them have a built-in function that gives you a similar viewing experience to dark mode. For example, you can enable dark mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch or enable the Dark theme on devices running Android 10 or later. The benefit of using your device's dark mode is that you can apply this across other apps, as opposed to only your browser. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes