FedEx shipping options displayed

Tourist
14 0 2

Hi, I have a question about the shipping methods showing on my store. I have FedEx ground AND ground home delivery enabled, but only ground home delivery shows up (regardless of what kind of address is input). I want ground delivery to show up because not everyone is ordering to a residential address.

If anyone understands what is going on or how to fix it I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
114 0 14

Hello Aaron,

This is Breann from Shopify!

To have Fedex Ground instead of Fedex Ground Home Delivery, the customer does have to enter their Company in the Company field on the Customer Information page previous to your last screenshot :) If they do that it should show up with no problem!

If you have any other questions please let me know,

Breann,
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Excursionist
250 0 8

Hello @Aaron54,

As Breann had mentioned, to have FedEx Ground instead of FedEx Ground Home Delivery, the customer does have to enter their Company in the "Company field" on the customer information page.

FedEx Home Delivery is a dedicated shipping service that delivers to residential addresses and FedEx Ground is a service that delivers to commercial addresses. FedEx charges extra for delivering to a residential address. Applicable shipping service should be offered to the customer based on the shipping address entered during the checkout process, ie.

• If the address is commercial/business, FedEx Ground.
  • If it is a residential address, FedEx Home Delivery. 

You can provide FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery at checkout based on the shipping address using FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app. The app uses the FedEx address validation API to classify the address as commercial or a residential, and automatically provide the FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery at checkout based on this process.

0 Likes
Excursionist
449 1 7

FedEx API by default segregates the address as 'Residential' or 'Commercial'. This happens if you have enable 'Address Validation' in your FedEx account. Once this is done, FedEx will characterise the address and based on that, a solution should be able to charge residential or commercial rates and show Ground or Ground Home delivery for it. So, if you are using your own account for rates, it is better to approach the FedEx team, get it enabled and then use an app that segregates the service based on the address validation.

0 Likes