Tourist
3 1 0
braydensbkmstore.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 27 51

Hi, @BraydensBKM!

Sophia here from Shopify. I had a chance to review your store and have broken down my feedback into sections below. 

Accessibility
The colours along with the display font used for product titles and menu items may be distracting to some users. I counted eight different colours on the home page, which I recommend reducing to about 3-5 if you can. Typically, darker font on a light background is easiest for most people to read, and while it doesn't necessarily have to be black font on a white background, this is often the most accessible and visually appealing option. A tool like Adobe Color or Coolors can help you select a harmonious colour palette if you're not tied to all of the colours you're currently using.

The stencil-style font used for the product titles and menu items is intended to be a display font (for headlines and other areas of bigger text), so it can be difficult to read when it's smaller. I suggest selecting a clearer serif or sans-serif font for these elements instead. Take a look at Shopify's accessibility considerations for more information.

Navigation

Some of the links in both your main menu and footer menu are not linked to the correct pages. The 'Shop' menu item is linked to the /search page, the 'Collections' menu item is linked to the home page, and app of the policy pages are linked to the home page as well. You can edit the links for menu items under Online Store > Navigation in your admin.

Product Descriptions
If you are importing product descriptions from your suppliers, keep in mind that other stores may be using the exact same descriptions. Using your own product descriptions helps you stand out amongst the competition, and it also improves your search engine optimization. Check out this post from the Shopify Blog on writing your own product descriptions: 9 Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Inform and Persuade Your Customers.

Social Media
None of the social media links in the footer were working when I tried them out. It seems that most of the links include "shopify" even though that isn't part of your page name. Be sure to follow the format listed as an example in your theme editor for each link (ex:http://twitter.com/shopify, but use your own page name instead of "shopify").

I hope you find this feedback helpful and easy to reference. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like