Why do all uploaded files in Shopify have the same URL?

Organisedchaosu
4 0 0

Hi

I have searched for answers on this but cannot find the solution. When I upload a file in settings - i.e. I am doing a video for a product, all my files have the same URL is this correct?? I tried to edit the code for my Shipping note to add logo but when I added the File URL it obviously cannot recognise it as all my files have the same URL and I have no idea why or how to change this. This is the URL for every file: edited

My theme is minimal if that makes any difference. 

Thanks for your help.

Replies 6 (6)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hey, @Organisedchaosu 

When uploading files, part of the URL that would replicate itself for each file within your store. However; everything after would be unique to the file: 

21-17-92544-40806

If you head to Settings/Files, you should be able to see the full URL of the file - You may be having a hard time seeing the full URL if you're on mobile, or using the Shopify Mobile app; though, I can guarantee you that each file has its own unique identifier, and are not the same for each file you upload. 

Let me know if you have any issues with seeing the full URL's! 

For security reasons, I have removed the URL from your previous reply. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Organisedchaosu
4 0 0

Thank you, if I copy the URL though from each image they are the same which is why it is confusing me. I have the minimal theme want to upload a video to a specific product page and trying to get round the issue that Minimal isn't supported with this yet by putting it in the code but each file URL is the same when I copy it. It is very strange.

Thank you for your reply! If you can assist on this that would be great.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Organisedchaosu 

1. What device are you trying this one?

2. How are you copying the information?

3. Could you share a screenshot and/or video of the steps you're taking?

Organisedchaosu
4 0 0

I am on a Mac if I send a screen shot of URLs will everyone then not see my URL details? I am coping the Url by highlighting it Command and C, the URL for every file gives the same URL.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

If you prefer you can send a DM to me so you don't have to post it to the board. This is definitely a strange issue, all urls should be unique so I'd like to see what you're doing.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Organisedchaosu 

I've sent you an email to verify the store so I can take a closer look.