Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

With collections you can filter collections like this:

/collections/collection-handle/tag1+tag2+tag3

However, when I try to do this with blogs

/blogs/blog-handle/tagged/tag1+tag2

It does not work.  

How do I filter blogs that contain multiple tags (e.g. AND operator)? What is the URL structure?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
43 0 3

Hey jm!

I’m Poppy one of the Guru Support team at Shopify.

This URL structure should link you to the list of blogs that are set up with those tags. There was one thing I wanted to check, when you're inputting the blog handle, are you using the one from this area? If you're trying to use the blog title instead, the URL you've listed won't work.

What were you looking to get set up with these URLs? Is it for customers to be able to filter blogs when they're searching? Or is it for your set up/organizational purposes?

Let me know, :)
Poppy

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Responds to Poppy:

1) Yes, using the blog handle from the area you are showing.

2) Yes, it is for allowing the customers to filter the blogs.

It seems that using the URL structure  "/blogs/blog-handle/tagged/tag1" Should work, but it only works with one tag.  How do I search multiple tags?

This structure does not seem to work. "/blogs/blog-handle/tagged/tag1+tag2+tag3"

Any recommendations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
43 0 3

Hey jm,

The method you're suggesting is the correct way to filter blogs by multiple tags with the URL. This URL displayed all the blogs associated with both tags.

If you're looking to give customers the ability to filter by tags, some themes do have the option to display tags as categories that are clickable.

This is a list of a few of the themes that use blog tags.

If you'd like to share your store URL I could pull it up and take a look to see what might be happening with your blog?

Let me know :)

Poppy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Is there a way to send you a private message with the url and password to access it? It’s behind a password while in development 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

I really need a solution here. please help!

I have to say, I am pretty dissatified with Shopify support. I had called several times and the support staff gave different answers then you and try to be helpful, just don't know the answers. I beleive you are correct, but I need assistance. I don't have access to log and error issues on the site, so its hard to trouble shoot, I need Shopify to help with this issue and I have not been able to fix this in a timely matter.

Please reach out to me and help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
43 0 3

Hi jm,

I can see that you've been emailed by Don, so what I'm going to do is follow up on the ticket 10170998 that you have open, with what I've found on your store. I was also able to take a look at the information you received from a couple of different Gurus and I'll explain that too.

Poppy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

What if I need to search by multiple product tags but instead of use by default the AND operator in the url (+), I need to use an OR operator to include every product that match the tags tag1 or tag2, How can I do that?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I facing the same issue for blogs posts. I need to search blog by filter with OR operator, Can you please help me. 

0 Likes