Filter Collection Page

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi all, 

I have an issue with my filter logic. Is there a way to show different tags in the filter on each different collection page (category page). To illustrate this here is an example:

In my mega menu I have e.g. Top Category A and Top Category B. If I click on Category A I only want to show certain Tags (e.g. Tag 1, Tag 2, Tag 3) while in Category B I want to show different tags in the filter function (e.g. Tag 5, Tag 1, Tag 7). The reason for that is that Category A should have different tag filter options than Category B as both top categories are different products and therefore different filter tags are needed. At the moment, my filter is showing the same tags on all collection pages. 

I would really appreciate any help on this. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1133 230 297

Hello 

Yes it's possible. 

Create a content block  in settings or collection page settings.
with 2 options 
a) Collection (Category) handle 
2) Tag's for specific collection ( Category )

Once you do it then edit code and get these values. Then with option (a) you can make compression and display  (b) tag's accordingly. Before using option (b) values you have to edit the existing code and make it conditional.

Hope it will give you idea to write code.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hello @Guleria

first of all thank you for your help. Unfortunately I am a beginner with Shopify and Coding. As a result, I have some follow-up questions regarding your answer. 

How can I create a content block with 2 options? Can you please show me how to do this? Also, where do I have to edit the code and how? 

Sorry, for all the questions. I would be really grateful for your help on this! 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1133 230 297

You can follow this tutorial https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/sections/content-schema
You  have to find existing code and append your one in parallel to that or alternatively you can do it in 'settings_schema.json' under config.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes