Solved

Why does Shopify collection sorting change after selecting a filter?

IamNewtoYou
Explorer
56 1 7

Hi, whenever I click on a collections, it shows the items as "sort by low to high" which is what I want, but when i select a filter, it changes it to a different "sort by", like  "sort by date, new to old"  and i'd like it to keep it as "low to high" until someone decides to change it. It only happens when you pick a filter, here are some screenshots

Right - https://gyazo.com/ee0817b33e6debad1df1516e3b3707a3

Wrong (After filter selected) - https://gyazo.com/514d2a6fd53f23d34c4ba97c268756f1

Accepted Solution (1)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @IamNewtoYou

Thanks for confirming! 

Since you're using a Shopify-developed theme, I'd like to have our team look into this further to help determine why the filters are changing. 

To speak with our team about this please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, our team can properly authenticate your account, and discuss this with you over email, live chat, or through a callback. 

Since this is the best way to help resolve your query, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This will benefit other Community users who may also be looking for help with a similar situation. 

We hope to hear from you via our Help Center soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @IamNewtoYou

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for posting this question! 

Can you please confirm which theme you're using on your site at the moment? You can find this information directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

If you're using a Shopify-developed theme, like the ones listed here, our team may be able to help look into this closer and determine why this is happening. 

However, if you're using a third-party theme instead, it's best to reach out to your theme developer directly to inquire further about this setting. Since they build and support their own themes, they're the best people to help provide more insight on this. You can contact these developers by following the steps listed here under 'Paid themes'

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details on the theme you're using! 

IamNewtoYou
Explorer
56 1 7

Debut theme

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @IamNewtoYou

Thanks for confirming! 

Since you're using a Shopify-developed theme, I'd like to have our team look into this further to help determine why the filters are changing. 

To speak with our team about this please visit our Help Center via this link, log in to your account, and submit a support request with us there. That way, our team can properly authenticate your account, and discuss this with you over email, live chat, or through a callback. 

Since this is the best way to help resolve your query, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This will benefit other Community users who may also be looking for help with a similar situation. 

We hope to hear from you via our Help Center soon!