Filter by vendor

I recently found url which allow filter collection by vendor.

It looks like https://[store name]/collections/vendors?q=[vendor name].

I try to find more info about this feature in google or Shopify docs - nothing. 

It looks like undocumented Shopify feature.

Can I rely on this feature and use it for customer's live store? 

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 25

Hi, there!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

Most themes available in our Theme Store actually do offer the option to filter collections by either product or vendor. In terms of our free themes, Supply, Boundless, Simple, and Brooklyn all offer this option. Once enabled, you'll see the collection URL similar to your example above.

If you're developing a theme for a client, however, we do have some code snippets for this feature which you can add to a theme template. While the help guide states it's meant to be used for Shopify developed themes, the snippets can be tweaked to fit other templates. You can read through that guide here

Also, I'm sure you may already be aware of these docs, but we do have some very handy guides on developing themes here

Feel free to follow back up if you have further questions! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

"do offer the option to filter collections by either product or vendor. In terms of our free themes, Supply, Boundless, Simple, and Brooklyn all offer this option. Once enabled, you'll see the collection URL similar to your example above."

Where can we enable this? I tried a few of those themes, but all I seem to be able to find on the collection page customization is the option to filter by tag.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hey Anders!

Same question as azacs. How do we enable this exactly?

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1
please we need an examples for filter by variants and others vendor and product type
0 Likes