Filtering all products by collection?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I keep thinking there has to be some workaround here. It's so frustrating that we can't go into all products and filter by collection, or similarly, that we can't bulk edit from within the collections. I keep trying to convince the shop manager who hired me to help with shopify set up to tag all the thousands of her products, but she doesn't want customers to be able to search by tag for reasons that are too complicated to explain here. Please let me know if you've figured out a way around this problem!

https://acorn-toy-shop.myshopify.com

blockshop theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 3

Hey Kelly!

I’m Poppy one of the Guru Support team at Shopify.

While there isn't currently a way to filter products by collection in the admin, tagging products with collection specific tags is usually the best workaround. That way they would be searchable and you could edit them using the bulk editor. I know you mentioned that the shop manager is reluctant to do this because they don't want items to be searchable by tag, but there is the option to remove filtering by tag on the collection pages. Would that make it possible for tagging the products to be an option? If you're able to give me a quick run down of why or what features of searching by tag you're looking to avoid I can possibly find you another way around it.

I also wanted to let you know that I've let our developers know that store owners are looking for the ability to bulk edit/filter products by collection. We always love to hear what people are wanting our platform to be able to do. So thank you for letting us know!

If you have any other questions about it let me know. You can give us a call too or start a live chat at any time. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help out!

Thank you, :)
Poppy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi! This was helpful! Would there be a way to specify the tags that appear in the filter drop down list? i have a milliion tags and it is overwhelming when i enable the filter tag list (parallax theme)

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Same issues for me! I want the tags to help me make rules for collections, but I don't want people to see all the tags, just some of them. 

I wish there's a way to filter by collection, so I could just make more collections. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
You could make a menu and use that. But it wouldn’t properly act as a
filter, it would just take the customer to different collections. Not the
end of the world but if it wouldn’t allow someone to use more than one
“filter”.

Ex filter by trucks and then blue. Rather than a collection of all blue
vehicles and a collection of all trucks.
--
Kindest regards, Amanda Overman (310) 951-9543
0 Likes