Flagging new/repeat customers on packing slip

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I need some html help for my packing slips. I'd like to have some sort of mark on my parking slips that would indicate EITHER a new customer or a repeat customer. Doesn't have to be both. For example, my Etsy packing slips have a star next to the name of a repeat customer. But the mark can be anywhere on the page. I would imagine it would be something like "if customer order count is >1" they would get flagged as a repeat customer. I just don't know how to code that. 

Thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
267 26 42

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @brokenalice

You need to edit your product page liquid, get customers_orders count, you can find more information here:
https://shopify.dev/docs/liquid/reference/objects/customer#customer-orders_count

Then you can add a value as product property, like flagged: true 
You can find more information about product properties here:
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Get-customization-information-for-produ...

If you need further assistance feel free to send us an email.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you for the response. The product page did not need to be updated, just the packing slip template. Thank you for pointing me to the document with the customers_orders count information. That's exactly what I needed. I was able to figure it out from there. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I wanted to ask if you found a solution for this. I am also trying to flag or identify at the warehouse new from repeat orders and i looked everywhere i cant figure out how this can be done. we use tradegecko and ship station and they both dont support that as well

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
267 26 42

Hi, @MajoMansour2

We provide the instructions to do it, this requires editing the theme, we can help you with this task.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there @brokenalice , I am trying to do this exact thing - indicate somehow on the packing slip that this is an order placed by a new customer or that this is a repeat customer.

I followed the links but I'm still unable to make customer.orders_count appear on the packing slip. How did you make it happen? Can you post your code?

0 Likes