Fontsize in product description: Heading to increase filesize would change the whole text

1 0 1

As Shopify doesn't support font size in description I've tried to solve this with heading size, but it would change not the selected text but the whole text. Do I miss something? Any help would make my day! Thank you, Hannes

1 Like
Shopify Expert
9746 86 1493
  • As Shopify doesn't support font size in description

How isn't it supported? Some example of what's not working or some more information would help give some assistance.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 28 67

Hi, Hannes. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. It will be my pleasure to help you out with this today.

In product descriptions the fonts are able to change, however, different fonts will be on different lines. If you are going to have a Header 1 size alongside a paragraph text size it will not show side by side. If you look at my image below you will see what I am meaning. 

It will show this way even if you have the font sizes side by side in the rich text editor

If you are wanting to make a select word in a paragraph a different size you will need to look into overriding your themes font settings. This app here called Fontify will allow you to do this. 

It does take a bit of getting used to so you may want to contact their app support to make sure that it is all set up properly.

I hope this information helps you out. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know! 

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Dallas

I have tried using the different Header sizes in the Formatting dropdown. When I click on "Heading 6" this appears to be the smallest text, however when I save and check the product page in the store, this writing is the same size as the other text. Different options will make the text larger, but I can't get the text SMALLER. I am using the Brooklen theme. Can you advise on what is going wrong?

Thanks

Steph

Pennzies

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 28 67

Hey, 

The best people to assist with this will actually be the app devlopers themselves. If you go onto the Fontify page in the Shopify app store you will see two ways to get a hold of them. 

They should be able to help you with all of the technical questions that you have to get it up and running.

If you have anything else that you would like assistance with, please let me know. 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes