How can I reenable footer menu header sections?

SPR2
Tourist
12 1 1

Cannot find the section to reenable the headings. Any help? Thanks

SPR2_0-1626979808647.png

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @SPR2

Happy to help troubleshoot this with you. For editing the content in the footer, you will need to go into your theme editor. Here are the steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
  2. Go to Online Store > Themes
  3. Click Customize next to your current theme
  4. From the left side-bar menu, click Footer
  5. Below Footer, click the different blocks to edit the content
  6. Once you click a block, edit the header and content in the right side-bar menu
  7. Don't forget to click Save when you are done

Here is a screenshot from the theme editor: 

22-39-31513-50780

If you follow these steps to edit the heading, and you can see that there is text already there, it may be that the heading font color is the same as the footer background color. This would make the headers invisible. To change the colors in your theme, you can click Footer from the left side menu in the theme editor (step 4 above). Next, you can edit either the "Heading text" color, or "Background" color. 

Let me know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SPR2
Tourist
12 1 1

Sadly, it doesn't seem like it's possible with this theme. I believe I remember removing them at some point which is weird. Here is what I see:

SPR2_0-1627002818240.png

SPR2_1-1627002825015.png

SPR2_2-1627002849407.png

SPR2
Tourist
12 1 1

Bump... anyone know?

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Thanks for the screenshots and letting us know you're still having issues. What theme are you using? 

Also, did you look at the color for the headings / background of the footer as I suggested? I can see that these two menus appear to have titles, so my best guess now is that the color of the headings and footer background are the same, making the headers invisible. 

When you say that you remember removing them, are you referring to some custom coding edits or simply removing the text of the headings somewhere in the theme editor? If you are able to explain what you mean by removing them, that will be helpful for understanding further what might be happening. 

Once you share your theme, we can troubleshoot further. If you are comfortable, sharing your store URL would also be helpful so I can take a quick look at the site itself. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.