Can I remove the footer menu title from my Shopify store?

tayvdc
Excursionist
20 0 3

On my Shopify store, I’d like to remove the footer menu title. As of right now it says “Footer Menu” and underneath has the “About Us,” “Contact Us,” etc. Please help in removing the title of the footer menu. 

Replies 9 (9)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Hi @tayvdc 

You should be able to do this in your theme editor.

In the sections on the left, look for the Footer section...

MelsMojoBob_0-1597771753078.png

Click on that, and you should see the menu(s) that are inserted in your footer...

MelsMojoBob_1-1597771805340.png

From what I can gather, your menu has the header "Footer Menu", where the one I have pictured here has the header "Quick Links". Delete out the header text (or replace it with what you want it to say).

MelsMojoBob_2-1597771949407.png

tayvdc
Excursionist
20 0 3

I don’t want the footer menu to have a name at all. I just want it to show up as:

ABOUT US

CONTACT US 

etc...

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

@tayvdc 

Just delete the heading text & leave blank.

tayvdc
Excursionist
20 0 3

I tried! It won’t let me leave it blank unfortunately 

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

There are some themes that do that and some themes that allow it. You might also try just putting a space (delete all the text then just press your space bar to leave a blank space). Try that and see if it will let you save.

tayvdc
Excursionist
20 0 3

I’m sorry, it still didn’t work. I put a space and save it and it’ll just put ”Footer Menu” right back in there.

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Interesting. 

Which theme are you using?

tayvdc
Excursionist
20 0 3

Warehouse!

KaiM
Excursionist
19 0 3

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm struggling. What a silly feature not to have as standard.