Front page collection not showing

2 0 0

HI all. New to shopify and not tech savvy at all. On the front page of my shop it has the option for a front page collection. I keep making collections and selecting publish collection but the front page is still blank. Any idea where I am going wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 0 16

Hey Liam!

Even with published collections made in the admin the vast of majority of themes will still require you to set one of those collections to be used on the homepage before any products will be displayed there.

First go to the Online Store > Themes page in your Shopify admin and on that page hit the blue "Customize Theme" button for the published theme. 

Depending on the theme you should see a "Homepage - Featured Products" tab that you can select. In that section you can assign a collection to pull products from. If you do have a "Homepage - Featured Products" option then you may also need to go to the "Homepage" tab and assign "Featured Products" to one of the sections there as well. 

If your theme only has a "Homepage" tab then within the options there you should find an option in that section where you can choose a collection to be used for the Homepage products. 

Give that a shot and if you are unable to find where to assign a collection for the Homepage still just let me know what theme you are using so I can pull up some more specific steps if possible. :) 

Cheers,
Bob O. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

@Bob_O_ wrote:

Hey Liam!

Even with published collections made in the admin the vast of majority of themes will still require you to set one of those collections to be used on the homepage before any products will be displayed there.

First go to the Online Store > Themes page in your Shopify admin and on that page hit the blue "Customize Theme" button for the published theme. 

Depending on the theme you should see a "Homepage - Featured Products" tab that you can select. In that section you can assign a collection to pull products from. If you do have a "Homepage - Featured Products" option then you may also need to go to the "Homepage" tab and assign "Featured Products" to one of the sections there as well. 

If your theme only has a "Homepage" tab then within the options there you should find an option in that section where you can choose a collection to be used for the Homepage products. 

Give that a shot and if you are unable to find where to assign a collection for the Homepage still just let me know what theme you are using so I can pull up some more specific steps if possible. :) 

Cheers,
Bob O. 

Hello Bob,

I have an alike issue with a collection that is not visible on the homepage for iOS devices particularly though it works well on PC and Android-based devices. I use Shella theme (envato) and have already contacted developers but as there's no reply from their end yet, so I do hope there's a workaround to make it work from Shopify team.

Thanks in advance.

Helen 

0 Likes