I've been at this for the past two hours. Basically, I've been trying to follow the instructions on this page to create a new product page template: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Get-customization-information-for-produ...
FYI, I'm using Debutify theme.
A couple months ago I successfully created a product template with customizable form fields (shown here: https://mistergoose.com/products/personalized-engraved-necklace?variant=31241417752618). I wanted to follow the same process to create another product page template that I can use to embed a modal/css pop up window with a sort've dress-up game that customers can use to create their own avatar that they can then print on a canvas through my store. However, for some reason I haven't had much success with even just creating a product page template that pulls the settings from the Online Store > Themes > Customize area. I feel like I've tried everything.
Things I've tried (see my attempt at this page:https://mistergoose.com/products/canvas-gallery-wraps?variant=31295511068714):
- Following the instructions as before. Issues that arose from this: None of the settings from Customizing the Theme showed up in the product page (i.e. the product photos appeared Stacked instead of Thumbnails, variants appear as buttons instead of dropdown menus, etc)
-Copying/pasting all the code from the product page template that worked, but changing the .liquid names to those of my new product page templates. This still didn't resolve the issue of the product page not pulling the correct settings, for some reason.
I am unsure what more I can do to fix this. Does Debutify perhaps have a limit on the number of product page templates or something that I don't know about? Any help is greatly appreciated!
no, there is no limit for creating extra product template.
to create new product template.
1. go to theme-> edit code->template.
2. praess link "Add new Template".
3. then a dialogue box will open. then in first box you have to select product. and in 2nd box you need to type name whatever you want.
OK, now your new template has created.
-now assign product from admin panel.
1. go to admin->products.
2. add new product and fill the details you want.
3. now last but most important Go to "THEME TEMPLATE" in this page, there would be a select box for template suffix.
4. there would be name of your product template which you have just created. like: product.some_name.
5. select that template press save.
-please give me likes and mark my answer as accepted solution