Fulfillment By Amazon and Shopify question

emmawade
3 0 0

Hoping someone can clarify something for me. We have a Shopify store based in Canada, but we accept orders for the USA as well. We also sell on Amazon and have a Canadian-based account but sell into Canada and USA. USA is through FBA. Am I able to use Shopify and Fulfilllment by Amazon to fulfill my USA orders? I can't seem to find that distinction anywhere. The Shopify help article states the following, but it is not entirely clear on this point: Shopify's built-in Fulfillment by Amazon integration is available only to Amazon sellers with Amazon Marketplace accounts for the United States and Canada based on your store currency. If your store currency is set to CAD, then your Amazon Marketplace account needs to be for Canada. Otherwise, your Amazon Marketplace account needs to be for the United States. If your Amazon Marketplace account is for another region, then you need to use a third-party app integration for Fulfillment by Amazon. Our Shopify store currency is CAD, and our Amazon Marketplace account is set to CAD. However, our listings in the USA Amazon Marketplace are in USD of course. 

@mobiltbredbandbilligt

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 53 79

Hey, @emmawade!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I appreciate you asking this question as I'm sure this clarification will be useful to other merchants with similar concerns.

I took a deeper dive into this and was able to confirm that at this time it's not possible to connect multiple accounts to Amazon's Seller Central. You can only connect one Shopify store to our Seller Central, meaning you can only pick one. If you're selling in USD, you can only enable selling through Amazon.com. As you already mentioned, the one you choose will be dependent on your currency in Admin > Settings > General. Since your store currency is CAD, you'll only be able to connect your Canadian listings. The only workaround for this is to open a second Shopify store for the United States. While I understand this isn't ideal, if you have multiple shops that are exactly the same except for currency or language, you may be eligible for a multiple-store discount. Contact our Support Team for more information. 

That being said, I'd be happy to submit a feature request for this on your behalf. While we can't guarantee this feature, we do have a specialized team that reviews all features and addresses them based on popularity. This means the more merchants we hear from wanting a specific feature, the higher of a priority it becomes for us to look into. If this is something you're interested in, please let me know and I'd be happy to proceed with doing so.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 310

@emmawade I've worked in this area and led the development on an app that auto fulfills orders via Amazon FBA (Order Automator).

I'm not sure if our app will work out of the box for your situation but I'd be willing to help you try and find a solution. If you want me to take a look at this, send me a message with your email address and I'll reach out to see if there's a good solution for you.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes