Gallery Image on main page

Solved
jasonthegrammy
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi guys, 

I am having a problem where my gallery image on main page keep resizing itself, it looks different from a bigger size screen and smaller size screen. anyone could help me on this? 

Bigger size screen as per below photo.

jasonthegrammy_0-1624296175827.png

Smaller size monitor shown as per below photo.

jasonthegrammy_1-1624296254901.png

Is there a way to make it fit to screen and scale down with whatever device you are using?

Appreciated if anyone could help me out on this.

Pw : john0629

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 18 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @jasonthegrammy.

What theme are you using for your store? Is it a Shopify theme or a third-party design? From the images and shop link you shared, it looks like you are using a portrait image.

A portrait image is taller than it is wide and can take up a significant amount of space on Desktop, and can negatively impact a customers viewing experience, which is why these sections typically have a max-height option. This helps to keep load times, and scroll times, to a minimum!

In your theme editor, what section are you using to upload that image? Depending on what section is being used to display that image, it’s probably intended to be a full width image like a slideshow or Image With Text Overlay section.

If its a slideshow section, the Adapt To First Image setting can usually help. If its not a slideshow section, you could test out the slideshow with a single slide.

If you are using a Shopify theme for your store, you should be able to reference your specific themes image guides on our Help Center page. For example, if you are using our Debut theme. You can reference our Image size recommendations table on the Debut theme guide directly.

If you are using a third-party theme. I would recommend reaching out to your themes developers for more information on how to size images within their theme. Alternatively, you could always reach out to a Shopify Expert to take a closer look.

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jasonthegrammy
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey Marty!

Yes I am using Debut Theme. However, what I did is I use 2400 x 1200 pxl and somehow the quality is getting better. 

Thank you so much for the detail explanation tho! 

Love, Jason

0 Likes