Getting Product Image to Change to Relevant Variant Dropdown Choice

3 0 0

Hi Group,

I'm currently having issues when I try to edit a variant image. To be more specific, I have no problem chaning an variants image in the product page editor. The issue I am having is now, once I have added/edited the variant images they longer change based on the dropdown variant selected on the product page.

Ex: If a customer clicks the drop down, then chooses say... "green" when black is the feat image and variant, the images stays as the black product after the customer has chose the green variant. I have updated the "green" products variant image to be the actual green product, however the image does not change. 

My theme does support this function, as it works when I import products from aliexpress through oberlo app, but if I choose to edit the image. BAM! function no longer works at all. See this product page for a live example of the issue - https://tacticaldealshop.com/products/6-in-1-outdoor-survival-watch-paracord-bracelet-4-colors

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 0 17

Hello Jodi,

Chris from Shopify here. I believe we've actually spoken on the phone once before, so nice to see you again :). If you would like the product images to change when a variant is selected from the dropdown menu, you can use this great step-by-step document to get that done with your theme: 

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/select-variants-by-clicking-images

Hope that helps! If you need more help with that customization, please feel free to reach out to us at support@shopify.com

Regards,

Chris D
Shopify Guru

1 Like
1 0 0

Hello,

Not sure if its best to create new topic or i can hijack this one. But this customization is not working with "Debut" theme. Are there any specifics to make it work on my theme? 

Regards,
Andrei

0 Likes
2 0 1

Chris, this tutorial is to have select the variant by clicking the image.  What I am looking for, and the previous person was looking for, was to change the variant image when the variant dropdown menu is changed. 

1 Like