Getting notes options

Munkiz
1 0 1

Hi.  I think I have made an error when choosing my theme and setting up my Shopify as I could really do with a notes option for customers to type information in when adding things to their cart.  A lot of my items are personalised so it is very annoying that they have to send me a separate email to provide personalisation requirements.  Is there any way of changing my theme without starting all over again whereby the notes option will be applicable?  I currently have the debut theme.

Thank you in advance

Claire

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 83 116

Hey, @Munkiz.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

You don't actually need to change your theme, as the Debut theme does have the option to enable order notes on your cart page -  You can do that through the Storefront editor. Simply navigate to the Cart page in the Storefront editor, click on the Cart page section, and you can enable the cart notes. If you do decide to change themes, then you do need to redesign the theme through the Storefront editor. However, you won't need to restart anything you've set up in your admin (eg. products, collections, pages). Switching themes follow a similar process as updating themes and our guide can help you with that.  

Here's a screenshot of where you can enable the order notes (Debut): 

That being said, I'm not sure if the order notes would be the best option for capturing customers' preferences when multiple of these items are being purchased. Instead, you can customize your theme to get customization information for your products. This way, you can capture the personalisation details for every item and display them as product attributes in the order.

There are also a few third-party apps that can create fields to capture the personalised details, such as Infinite OptionsProduct Personaliser, or Infinite Product Options. If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14575 1676 5229

@Elias 

great, explain for ur 

@Munkiz 

also, do you need more other option please check this 

https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes