Getting rid of the header on my home page- Debut theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I've recently made a custom landing page for my Shopify store. I would like for my landing page to not have a header or footer. I've found lots of solutions to hiding these sections, but no solutions for hiding them only on the home page.

Basically, my idea is to have "Vessel Artwork" and "Vessel Brand" two different websites, if you will, but accessed from one page. Each collection will have their own separate navigation bars and whatnot. I want my images on my homepage to fill the entire screen, top to bottom.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.43.26 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1200 162 325

In general, the header and footer are located in theme.liquid and rendered via a section:

{% section 'header' %}

{{ content_for_layout }}

{% section 'footer' %}

You could check your template and make a conditional statement for your homepage like:

{% unless template == 'index' %}
  {% section 'header' %}
{% endunless %}

{{ content_for_layout }}

{% unless template == 'index' %}
  {% section 'footer' %}
{% endunless %}

So this would show the header and footer on every page but the homepage.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

When I do that, it gets rid of my announcement bar. My logo, search option, user account, and shopping bag all stay, including everything I put in my footer. Strange.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1200 162 325

Yeah it's not always going to be the same case for everyone, like I said that's just kind of generally how it works. If you'd like I can request access to your themes and take a look at it for you later in the day. Let me know and I'll send a request.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Hello @VesselArtwork,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss.liquid->paste bellow code in bottom of file

.template-index #custom-landing-section {
	position: fixed;
	width: 100%;
	height: 100%;
}
.template-index .main-content {
	padding-top: 0;
}
#custom-landing-section h1 {
top: 50%;
}
#custom-landing-section a.cta {
top: 30%;
}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

That worked SOOOO PERFECTLY! Thank you so much!

0 Likes