Gif as logo on Debut Theme

Alex_Johns
2 0 0

Has anyone out there used a gif as there logo? The following link has not been that helpful:

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/colors-images-and-video/use-gifs#using-a-gif-file-for-...

theme.liquid does not contain any logo information.

Thanks!

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2926 142 994

Hi Alex, 

for Debut theme you can simply upload you .GIF in Theme Customize without any mods.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10275 144 1943

^ That's won't always be the case and would depend on the age of the theme.

It's also important that if gif is animated it it must be used at 100% size within the theme code. So it's ok if it's shrunk smaller in the html / css - but it can't be resized using the img_url parameters. If you do expect that the animated gif will look weird.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2926 142 994

Hmm, can't say for all animated gifs, but my small animated test GIF was resized by Shopify's img_url: size without problems -- wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

At least one can set the Custom logo width (in pixels) to match or be slightly higher then the natural dimension of the GIF to avoide resizing without modifying the code.

My theme is current (do not think a new user will have an old one), can't vouch for older versions though.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
Alex_Johns
2 0 0

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your reply. I changed the size of the gif and I was able to upload it to Theme Customize. The error message I was seeing before resizing was "Error: Your image upload failed. Check your internet connection and try again". My internet connection was fine so I assumed it was a sizing issue.

The GIF annomation doesn't play well at all. You actually only see a small portion of the GIF. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Imalia
1 0 0

Hello, 

Have you find any solutions to add the GIF as your logo ? 

0 Likes