Gift-Wrap option not increasing cart total

Tourist
29 0 3

Hi all,

I have managed to add the gift wrap option to my debut theme using this tutoral (https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/add-gift-wrap-option) but, when I test the check box it doesnt add the product (gift wrapping) to the cart - can anyone help? 

My only thought is that the cart.liquid is in a diffrent place to in the tutorial, would this stop it working? 

Thanks for your help,

Dan 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 14

Hey there Dan!

I've taken a look at the gift card product that you added, the code snippet that you created (and then included in your cart), as well as how the customization works on your storefront, and it looks like everything is working as it should be :).

Here is a short clip demonstrating how the functionality works on your storefront.

As you can see, the Gift Wrapping option/product is automatically getting added into the cart as soon as that box is checked, and it is removed from the cart when the box is unchecked. The total updates properly as well, so it looks like things should be all good!

If you're still having any issues , I can definitely take another look - just let me know :).

Cynn

0 Likes
Tourist
29 0 3

Hi Cynthia,

Thaks for takign a look. The issue I'm actually having is with a theme I am customising offline, not the one that is live onmy store. I'm using Minimal theme currently and as you saw, it works perfectly - but I want to move to Debut, and althought the code seems to put all the features inplace, checkignthe tick box doesnt add the product "Gift-wrap" to the cart.

Thnaks,

Dan 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 14

Hi Dan!

My bad there - I totally missed the first part where you specified this was with the Debut theme, my apologies.

I did test it out while previewing your Debut theme, however, and it looks like this feature is working no problem! Check out this clip :).

I've checked the gift-wrapping liquid, and your cart.liquid (which is connected to your cart-template.liquid), and the code all looks to be set up and placed how it should be.

Are you still having issues with this? If so, could you send me a screenshot of the page when the checkbox is checked and the gift wrap product doesn't add?

Thanks!

Cynn

0 Likes
Tourist
29 0 3

Hey no worries. It is working now as one of your team updated the theme. 

Thanks for following up! 

Dan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 0 14

No problem, Dan!

Hope everything else is going well - feel free to give me a shout if you need anything else :).

Cynn

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi,

We would like to deactivate the Gift wrap option for our international shipment. We have chatted with one of the shopify support and recommended to remove the Snippets but it will also remove from domestic shipment which we wanted to keep. Please let us know if anyone can assist us to deactivate the gift wrap for international shipment only.

0 Likes